The Youth Wing is a special organ of the Party, which promotes the policies and programs of the Party amongst the youth. Its responsibilities are to:
- Recruit the youth into membership of the Party;
- Cultivate the support of the youth for the Party before, during and after elections;
- Raise public awareness about the problems facing the youth, including educational standards and unemployment;
- Promote policies that will realize the full potential of the youth, including policies to improve the quality of education and to widen access of the youth to quality education;
- Oppose vigorously policies and practices that militate against the full development of the youth;
- Establish branches of the Party in second cycle and tertiary institutions of learning in all parts of the country; and
- Create a nation-wide organization within the Party to cater for the activities and interest of young Members.